For Bachelor's Degree
For Bachelor's Degree
Registration Form and Kit
Fill out the registration form, and send the following items:
• Two passport photographs;
• A photocopy of your identity card;
• A photocopy of your military regular service discharge certificate, national service confirmation or service exemption certificate;
• Applicants Registering for the Bachelor's Degree Programs have to present a matriculation certificate or an equivalent certificate, as specified below:
• Israeli matriculation certificate – submit a copy bearing an "Authentic Copy" seal placed by the Bezalel Academic Secretariat or the school, the Ministry of Education, an attorney or a notary.
• Foreign matriculation certificate – a certificate or diploma in a language other than Hebrew shall be translated by a notary into Hebrew or English. Additionally, the applicant will be required to submit a confirmation by the Ministry of Education to the effect that the certificate submitted is the equivalent of an Israeli matriculation certificate. Please note: the process of evaluating the equivalence of a foreign certificate takes 6 to 9 months.
• Confirmation of completing a pre-academic preparatory program.
• Matriculation certificate issued by an American or international school in Israel – submit a copy bearing an "Authentic Copy" seal placed by the Bezalel Academic Secretariat or the school, the Ministry of Education, an attorney or a notary. Additionally, submit a confirmation of registration to two matriculation examinations from the following list: Jewish History, Mathematics, General History, Bible, Hebrew Language or Hebrew Literature. The applicant would have to pass these examinations before April 2012.
• Applicants who are currently in the process of completing their entitlement to a matriculation certificate should submit the following confirmations:
- Confirmation of matriculation examination grades, signed by the school principality (the form may be downloaded from the Bezalel website registration page, or obtained from the Bezalel Academic Secretariat).
- Confirmation of actual participation in all of the missing examinations, which took place during the winter of 2011.
- The applicant's signature on the statement in the registration form regarding his/her undertaking to complete his/her entitlement to a matriculation certificate.
- Applicants who are still 12th grade high-school students will be required to present the confirmations specified at the actual time of registration. Applications will be reviewed on an individual basis.
It is hereby clarified that applicants whose registration has been confirmed will be required to present their entitlement to a matriculation certificate as soon as they had received the examination results, and not later than the date of the admission examination at the department in which they wish to enroll.
A registration file will only be opened after all of the required documents have been submitted. An applicant who mailed in all of the required documents during the registration period and did not receive the postcard confirming the receipt of the documents within two weeks of mailing the documents should contact the Bezalel Academic Secretariat, phone 02-5893313/4.
Applicants wishing to take the admission examinations for more than one department shoul duplicate the documents and passport photographs, as required
Examination and Registration Fees
Applications to which no payment is made will not be processed.
The registration and admission examination fees are valid for a single registration application. The registration and admission examination fees cannot be forwarded from one year to the next and would not be refunded, even when the applicant had not been examined, had not been accepted or had cancelled his/her registration. An applicant who cancelled his/her registration before the end of the registration period will be refunded for the admission examination fee only.
Registration Confirmation & Invitation to the Admission Examinations
A registration confirmation and an invitation to the admission examinations will be sent to the applicants before the end of the registration period. These confirmations in no way supersede the applicant's responsibility for finding out the times and locations of the admission examinations, announced through this bulletin.
Applicants must present an identification certificate (ID card / New Immigrant card / passport) at the admission examination.
Cancellation of Registration
Applicants who registered to a program and wish to cancel their registration should fill out a registration cancellation form and mail it to the Bezalel Academic Secretariat. The registration fee cannot be forwarded from one year to the next and would not be refunded, even if the applicant had not been examined, had not been accepted or had cancelled his/her registration.
Renewal of Registration
A cancelled registration can only be renewed in writing, with the written application addressed to the Bezalel Academic Secretariat. The registration renewal application will be processed as if the applicant registered on the date of renewal, and discussed according to the admission rules that apply on that date, according to the number of available seats in the program in which the applicant wishes to enroll.
Notification of Acceptance
Upon completion of the admission interviews, applicants will receive a notification of acceptance, rejection or "standby". All replies to applicants, including those placed on the "standby" lists, are delivered in writing only. No replies will be provided over the telephone. Applicants who were accepted as students at Bezalel will receive a notification of acceptance along with registration forms and a notification regarding the tuition fee payment arrangement. Applicants are required to pay the down payment and return the required forms to the Academy within two weeks of receiving the notification of acceptance in order to secure their seats. Acceptance of applicants who fail to meet these prerequisites will be revoked. No forewarning will be given regarding the revocation and the student's seat will be given to an applicant who had been placed on the standby list. Students whose tuition fees are financed by an institution (Ministry of Defense, Student Administration, etc.) will submit a written undertaking to pay the tuition fee until the time specified. Applicants who were accepted to two curricular programs must choose the program they wish to enroll in within a week of receiving the notification, and send a letter informing the Bezalel Academic Secretariat of their choice.
Appealing a Decision of the Admission Committee
The Admission Committee determines the preconditions for being accepted as a student at Bezalel. Its decisions are final and cannot be appealed. An applicant who had met all of the preconditions required in order to be accepted as a student at Bezalel and still believes that the functionaries who processed his/her application were mistaken or wrong from an administrative point of view, may submit a written complaint to the Bezalel Academic Secretariat.
Language Proficiency – Bachelor's Degree Programs
Hebrew Language Proficiency
All academic activity at the Bezalel Academy is conducted in Hebrew. Applicants who do not hold an Israeli matriculation certificate will be required, as part of the admission preconditions, to pass a Hebrew proficiency test and demonstrate a level of proficiency that would enable them to study at the Academy. The exemption standard required at Bezalel is level E and above. A student may begin studying at the Academy upon presenting a grade of 65 and above at a Class D proficiency test according to the standards of the Hebrew University's high school for students from abroad or upon presenting a confirmation of having graduated from an "Ulpan" course of the required level. This confirmation should be presented at the time of opening the registration file and not later than the last day of the registration period. Alternately, the applicant may present a confirmation of participating in a Hebrew language learning activity, Classes D and E. As stated, students will be required to demonstrate Class E proficiency in Hebrew by the end of the first year of studies as a precondition for continuing their studies at Bezalel.
Applicants may take the required proficiency test at the Hebrew University's high school for students from abroad. For additional information and clarifications contact the Hebrew Language unit, phone 02-5882621 or the offices of the unit, room #436, Boyer building at the Hebrew University's Mount Scopus campus.
English Language Proficiency
Every student of the Bezalel Academy is required to attain the "exempt" level of proficiency in English as a prerequisite for entitlement to a bachelor's degree.
Attaining the "exempt" level of proficiency in English is a prerequisite for passing to the third year of studies in accordance with the decision of the Bezalel Senate.
As of the academic year 2007, applicants cannot be accepted as students at the Bezalel Academy unless they had attained level "C" in English proficiency. All applicants must present the grade they had achieved at the English proficiency test (AMIR test) or the psychometric examination, conducted by the National Institute for Testing & Evaluation.
Applicants who had not taken the English proficiency test and whose proficiency level had not been determined are required to register for the AMIRAM (computerized English proficiency test). A payment voucher will be sent to applicants who were accepted as students at Bezalel with their acceptance kit. It is hereby stressed that the selection test intended to determine the applicants' English proficiency level is mandatory for all accepted applicants.
The English proficiency test will determine the level of proficiency of each student, and students will be assigned to English classes in the context of the summer preparatory studies and over the course of the academic year.